Best Surprise EVER!

I dropped my students off at lunch on Friday and came quickly back to my room to get my lunch. I had left over pizza and was super excited about it! haha normally I just have yogurt and vegetables for lunch! Well when I walked to my door I saw a figure in the dark in my room. I walked in and turned the light on and there was my boy friend standing in my reading area! I said "What are you doing here!!!" He said, "I have a question to ask you" his chin starting quivering, he got down on one knee and said, "I love you so much, and I want to be your husband, Tess, will you marry me?"

I got down and hugged him around the neck and just cried and cried and kept saying, "I can't believe you just did that!" While hugging him I did say YES! He took my hand and put on the most beautiful ring! It is so shiny and just perfect! He picked it out all by himself and did an AMAZING job! I couldn't  have picked out anything better. He knows me so well!

I went out in the hallway and was just squealing with excitement! The teachers in the hallway and my team members were so happy for me! They couldn't believe he came to the school and didn't tell anyone what he was about to do! Word traveled through the school QUICK! teachers were coming to the door to see us, my principal and assistant principal came down to my room to congratulate us. Students in the hallway spread the news to all the kids in the cafeteria! By the time I picked up my students they were filled with excitement and wanted to see my ring and meet James! My students were so happy for me! James stayed for about an hour (my students had specials after lunch) and we called my family and told them our exciting news! James finally had to leave to go back to work but not until I had him take a multiplication timed test with my students!

The students were super hyper after James left! I finished teaching my lesson for the day and let them watch a Magic School Bus video for the last 30min of school! While the students were packing up they all starting singing, "Happy Marriage to you..." (The birthday song tune) They are the sweetest!!!
A little background on James and I! We met when we were 16 in biology class. We remained friends through high school. We went out a couple times but nothing too serious. I adored him in high school by the way!! We both went to different colleges across the state from one another and we both dated other people while in college. He would come to my college and visit friends and every time he came my heart would just skip a beat...still just crazy about him. My last semester of college I became single after a 3 year relationship. James was also single and told me that he has always been crazy about me all these years since high school! I told him I have always felt the same and we have been together ever since! 3 of the 4 years of our relationship were long distance and it was very hard at times, but we made it work! He is my best friend and the love of my life! We are so lucky to have one another! I can't wait to see what is next as we enter this next chapter in our lives!